New Ads

New ads

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

International Baseball: The MLB is Back

Hello and welcome to my first international baseball column. I hope you enjoy reading this every week as I try to bring good baseball knowledge from the majors, minor leagues, and even internationally. But to begin my first column, I want to talk about the MLB being back! Sunday night was Opening Night for major league baseball as the Houston Astros took on the Texas Rangers but yesterday was the real kickoff to the baseball season as it was Opening Day across many cities and stadiums.

It is exciting to see the MLB back up and running because this season is different like no other. For the first time in awhile there will be no more interleague play. You might ask yourself well why there isn't no interleague play anymore. Since, the Houston Astros moved from the NL Central to the AL West beginning this season. Bud Selig and the rest of the MLB decided to just integrate interleague play throughout the whole season.

We saw the first evidence of that yesterday as the Los Angeles of Anaheim took on the Cincinnati Reds. With that game you saw a great pitching matchup between Jered Weaver (LAA) and Johnny Cueto (CIN) and you will get great pitching matchups like this throughout the season. Another reason, why I'm excited for this baseball season is the parity between all 30 major league teams. Now, we know the Miami Marlins gutted their roster, but the Toronto Blue Jays made themselves better by acquiring great pitching in the offseason and the Kansas City Royals did the same thing. You also have teams such as Pittsburgh Pirates, who many people think could be their season to make the playoffs.

Just thinking about all these things makes me excited for the Major League Baseball season and you should be too. I hope you all stay along and enjoy the ride of this international baseball column that I will bring to you each week.


Follow me on twitter @Jovan10 for Sixers, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, and all sports updates.

For any inquiries contact me via email: jovan.alford@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this response. Keep up the good work Jovan.

    -Tahira

    ReplyDelete