New Ads

New ads

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Reviews Are Ruining Sports

By Gregory Crawford @wchoops

Into my 7th decade I am for sure not “old school” and for sure I do totally embrace technology.

What I don’t embrace is all these replays and reviews by officials. My reasoning.

1. Games are taking too long and extended by stupid reviews.

2. The human element, second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking are and always will be a staple of sports.

3. If Steph Curry goes 3-19 shooting, we shrug our shoulders and say it was bad night. If a referee misses one call out of 20 we want him fired.

4. When the last time you saw a great argument in baseball? Ruined by replay.

I could go on and on, as great readers you can I am sure come up with more, so I will leave you with this.

5. After these sometimes 15 minute reviews, 97 percent of the time it is announced and proven the officials got it right.

Agree or disagree, the comment section is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment