New Ads

New ads

Monday, March 7, 2022

Dispensing Hope Amid Catastrophe


 

By Harry Cummins

     I cannot begin to understand the deadly wickedness unfolding right now in Ukraine. I think many of us are sent scurrying as we try to solidify those things that have sustained our past existence. This is the kind of catastrophic world event that can easily disarm and propel us toward apocalyptic projections.  The whole of Europe, it seems, is facing a potential reshuffling of allegiance and authority, while the United States lingers in the long, benevolent shadow of it's past roles.

     I certainly can't suggest what is the "right" military strategy in order to end this conflict. I am haunted hourly by the images from this war-torn land streaming from our television screens. Why are millions forced to flee their homes in terror while my thermostat remains at at comfortable 68 degrees?

     I do believe there are new beginnings hidden in all this destruction. I do believe they can be found thru the discovery of  lasting hope in each human heart.  Right now, that is very difficult..for so very many. I wish it were as easy as handing out blankets at the border.

     The globe huddles in fear of expanding violence, but thank God for those very individuals among us who await with arms full of blankets and clothes.  Articles of kindness, wrapped in hope for all who make their way in a shattered world being made new.


hcummins@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment