New Ads

New ads

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Finding Virtue in November

By Harry Cummins -

 Normally in November, I am distracted by the busyness that is college basketball. Needless to say..this is NOT an ordinary November.

 The pandemic year 2020 has taught me a lot about patience. Foremost, being patient has presented me with an opportunity to pay attention to things beyond the world as I wish it to be. I have become somewhat thankful for this gift of attentiveness. It has allowed me to see some things that were once unseen. The landscape this winter is no longer shadowed by my own preoccupations. I think this is a good thing. 

Christmas is soon coming to this year unlike any other. As I decorate our tree, I plan to appreciate the small ornaments of my existence that busyness had neglected. So much is shaped by our vision, our capacity for attentiveness.

 Be patient. Pay attention to the compelling newness of November.  Even without the bounce of a basketball!

No comments:

Post a Comment