New Ads

New ads

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Resurrection and Rock' n' Roll - A Cabbie's Quandary

 



By Harry Cummins


     One of the most profound and provocative stories I have ever heard was told years ago by Dr. N.T. Wright, the esteemed Bishop of Durham.  It goes like this:


"The taxi driver looked back at me in his mirror.  His face was a mixture of amusement and sympathy.  We were stuck in traffic and he'd asked me as they do, what I did for a living.

'Ah,' he said, 'you Church of England people' (having told me he was a Roman Catholic himself) 'You're still having all that trouble about women bishops, aren't you?'

I had to admit that was indeed the case.

'The way I look at it,' he said, 'is this: if God raised Jesus Christ from the dead, all the rest in basically rock'n'roll.'"


     Stuck in the traffic jam that is our current world.....is not this the profound quandary posed to each and every pilgrim and passenger.

     



No comments:

Post a Comment